Hikers, cyclists and inline skaters can explore the lake from the lakeside path.
Distance 9 km
Opened for tourism in 2006, Lake Markkleeberg now offers a wide range of leisure activities. In addition to action-packed whitewater fun at the well-known Canoe Park Markkleeberg, sailing, diving, surfing or climbing are also possible, as is relaxing while swimming in the crystal-clear water or boating. Part of the route runs along the 14 km-long geological trail, whose 16 info points are centered around the stone experience site near the canoe park lock.
- Auenkirche Markkleeberg with Kreuzbach organ
- Passenger boat ride
- Canoe Park Markkleeberg
- Climbing park and adventure golf
- Stone experience place
Update: June 11, 2021
Rest StopRestaurant Seeperle im Seepark Auenhain
Bistro Garden im Atlanta Hotel International Leipzig
Tips and hints
- Opening hours and prices
Kletterpark Markkleeberger See - Opening hours and prices
ParkingParking lot lake promenade, canoe park, Auenhainer bay
33U 318523 5683222
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view