Option 1: Access by the German Federal Railways - Bahnhof Winnweiler on feeder path to Igel Borner Cottage (Black Hinkelstein on a yellow background)
Option 2: Getting there by car - Parking below the Hedgehog Borner Cottage
Very beautiful passages for meditative walking in peace and tranquility of nature.
Rest StopCafe-Bistro "Zeitlos"
Restaurant "Blaues Haus"
Heimservice Pizzeria "Pisa"
Bäckerei & Café "Müller"
Gasthaus und Pension "Schippke"
Cafe, Bistro "Alte Apotheke"
Barbarossa Bäckerei Otterberg
Safety informationIn semi-natural paths may in adverse weather conditions occur slushy and slippery passages.
We therefore recommend suitable footwear.
Tips and hintsTourist Office Winnweiler
Jakobstraße 29, 67722 Winnweiler,
Tel.: 06302 / 602 0
Tourist Information Otterbach-Otterberg
Hauptstraße 54, 67697 Otterberg,
Tel.: 06301 / 31 504
Getting thereAbout the A63 - exit Winnweiler;
About the A6 - exit Enkenbach-Alsenborn, L 382 over Mehlingen, Baalborn, via the B 48 further Winnweiler;
Parking at the station: Coordinates: 49° 34´ 12´´ N / 7° 51´ 25´´ E
Wanderparkplatz at “Igelborner Hütte“: Coordinates: 49° 33´ 57´´ N / 7° 50´ 6´´ E
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentSturdy footwear required. Backpack Board recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.