The single-nave church in Saara features two ridge turrets and a clock that, instead of numbers, has letters that spell out the phrase ‘NÜTZE DIE ZEIT’ (Use the time).
Another single-nave church from the medieval period can be seen in Maltis. The interior features various valuable fixtures mainly from the Baroque era; a gravestone from 1398 made using the sgraffito technique is one of the oldest examples.
The late-gothic St. Anne's Church in Gößnitz features an eight-sided tower with a dome and open lanterns originating from the Baroque period. The beautiful half-timbered vicarage dating back to 1653 is worth visiting.
Ponitz is best known for its Renaissance castle and Friedenskirche church with its original Gottfried Silbermann organ, which was built between 1734 and 1737 and was Silbermann’s 40th work. Concerts regularly take place here.