The vast majority of this trail is very easy. There is one section as you drop down to the river that can be a little difficult.
Distance 3.3 km
This trail starts off of the Blue Ridge Parkway near mile mark 296. You can park at a pull over spot just north of the start of the trail. The vast majority of the trail is very easy. As you drop down to the Boone Fork Creek there are two short stretches that can be a little difficult. This trail ends at Hebron Falls.
17S 435060 3999816
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view