OBERGURGL -> stone pine forest -> ROTMOOS WATERFALL
From the center you walk south to the end of the village. Follow the walking path to Zirben Alm. Walk to the rocky cliff (wayside cross and bench) opposite Nasenwand wall. Keep half-right towards the Alpine rose area leading uphill to Rotmoosache brooklet, a winding trail leads across marshlands and lichen areas to the breathtaking Rotmoos waterfall - nestling in the deep Rotmoosschlucht ravine. A fairly ascending route takes you to Schönwieshütte or, in norther direction, to Gaisberg.
Updated: March 16, 2021
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654406 5192707
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Push the arrows to change the view