Walking towards Gaisbergbrücke bridge on Trail no. 7, you ascend up to the middle of the Plattach mountain flank. Then you turn right in direction of the steeply rising trail to the Plattach plateau (lift station). Grass-covered slopes and former moraine areas (stone markers) of "Grahnsleiten" take you into Rosskar cirque. Here you continue to the peak by following the gravel trail and stone slabs along the western ridge.
Walking time: 3.5 hours
Updated: July 30, 2018
Getting thereObergurgl-Hochgurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Obergurgl-Hochgurgl the following parking facilities are available:
- Car park Village center Obergurgl (in front of the church on the right, behind the multi-purpose building where the information office is located)
- Parking lot with coin entrance Parking Place entrance - valley station Festkoglbahn, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654496 5192763
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Push the arrows to change the view