PANORAMA RESTAURANT HOCHOETZ --> Kühtaile Alm --> Balbach Alm --> DORTMUNDER HÜTTE
Drive with the Acherkogelbahn from Oetz to Hochoetz. You walk along the Kühtaile Alm and Balbachalm direction Kühtai. You pass the lake "Längentaler Stausee" and reach the village Kühtai. Dortmunder Hütte is at the beginning of the village.
With a bus you drive back to Oetz.
Also visit the museum about the miners in this area and the nice Pochersee.
Rest StopDortmunder Hütte
Safety informationModerate mountain trail; for sure-footed and experienced hikers. Good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary. Please pay attention to the current weather report: www.oetztal.com
Tips, hints and linksMore details about hiking in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking next to the river (at the end of Oetz on the right hand side) – free of charge, but limited parking; camping prohibited
- Parking Oetz town center- parking fee
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Parking Oetz town center, the ticket is available at the tourist office Oetz.
- Parking at the Ochsengartencable car station. free parking, camping prohibited
32T 646378 5230524
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Push the arrows to change the view