Moorland and forest walk in the North York Moors
Distance 17.4 km
The walk starts with clear paths through a couple of fields and then on to the open moorland. It then drops down to Arden Hall, through woodland and then into the lovely Thorodale (ideal for a stop and refuel). You then climb out of the end of the dale onto a short stretch of the Cleveland Way before dropping down into Boltby Forest. There are numerous forest tracks to follow to either come back out early for another stretch of moorland or you can detour through High Paradise Farm where refreshments can be bought.
SE 51256 88082
30U 616251 6016792
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view