Circular walk mostly on paths and tracks near the Ribblehead Viaduct.
Distance 11.2 km
Follow Gauber Road SE towards Horton, Take lane to the right going SW across the railway to some houses then continue S on a footpath to Colt Park. Continue W on a footpath across fields to the Ingleton Road. Go left along the road and take the first right onto a lane to a bend just above Winterscales Beck. Follow a footpath SW by the beck to Philpin Lane. Turn right onto the lane and follow it to Bruntscar to go right onto the Dales Highway path. Follow the path NE past Winterscales and go under the railway at Bleamoor Sidings. Follow the path by the railway past the Ribblehead Viaduct to the start. At one point this trace leaves the path to visit a small cave. 11.4km, 182m ascent/descent, 2:20hr.
SD 76577 79296
30U 541701 6006949
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view