From Guisborough towards Commondale in search of the Hob on the Hill and other hobs on the moors.
Distance 13.6 km
A walk of many underfoot conditions! Forestry tracks of varying degrees of muddyness, moorland tracks with varying puddle depths, open moorland with bogs, standing water and tussocky islands, peaty and/or clayey single-track footpaths and bridleways, and muddy woodland footpaths. Just occasionally I found solid, dry ground underfoot! It is early March after days of rain so to be expected :-)
NZ 62271 15475
30U 626877 6044342
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view