CONCLUSION: Everything that an enjoyable hike needs: at the beginning and at the end very good places to stop for refreshments, perfectly marked and signposted paths and numerous viewpoints along the hike.
Safety informationFor a conflict-free coexistence on alpine pastures and pastures, there are a few rules to be observed, especially when you are out with dogs. (Source: www.sichere-almen.at - 09/2020)
- Avoid contact with grazing cattle, do not feed animals, keep a safe distance!
- Keep calm, don't frighten grazing cattle!
- Suckler cows protect their calves. Avoid encounters between suckler cows and dogs!
- Always keep dogs under control and keep them on a short leash. If an attack by a grazing animal is in sight: leash off immediately!
- Do not leave the hiking trails on alpine pastures and pastures!
- If grazing cattle block the way, keep as far away as possible!
- When grazing cattle approach: stay calm, do not turn your back, avoid the animals!
- As soon as the animals show signs of restlessness, leave the pasture quickly!
- Pay attention to fences! If there is a gate, use it, then close it again and cross the pasture quickly!
- Treat the people who work here, nature and animals with respect!
A few tips on correct and fair behavior in the forest: (Source: www.bundesforste.at - 9/2020)
- Hikers should avoid visits to the forest around 1.5 hours before sunrise and after sunset, as wild animals are particularly active during this time.
- Plastic bottles, handkerchiefs, cigarette butts & Co have no place in the forest! Please make sure that you don't leave any rubbish in the forest.
- Camping and making a fire - is strictly forbidden in the forest!
- In principle, every person in the forest is allowed to collect 2 kg of mushrooms and berries per day for their own use. It is only forbidden if the forest owner expressly forbids it.
Alpine emergency call:
Emergency number for mountain rescue: 140
EU emergency number: 112
Direct link mountain weather Styria:
Tips and hintsGroßlobming:
Here you can eat & drink:
- Gasthaus Maislinger, Tel.: +43 3512 82125, 8734 Großlobming, Lindenweg 3, www.gh-maislinger.at
- Gasthof Wulz, Tel.: +43 3512 829830, 8734 Großlobming, Hauptstraße 2
- Gasthaus Rüf-Peterwirt, Tel.: +43 3512 83193, Hauptstraße 12, 8734 Lobmingtal, www.gasthaus-ruef.at
- Cafe im Schablhof, Tel.: +43 664 99707944, 8734 Großlobming, Kirchengasse 1, www.cafeimschablhof.at
- Cafe & Kegelbahn Glatz, Tel.: +43 3512 82870, 8743 Großlobming, Weißkirchnerstraße 7
- G‘Schlössl Murtal, Tel.: +43 3512 46904, 8734 Lobmingtal, Murhof 1, www.gschloessl-murtal.at
- Gasthaus Murstüberl, Tel.: +43 664 3045045, 8734 Großlobming, Mursiedlung 24, www.camping-murinsel.at
Shop & Post office:
- Lebensmittelgeschäft Grita Moser-Grün, Tel.: +43 3512 82901, 8734 Großlobming, Kirchengasse 2
Restaurants / B & B
- Gasthof Landhotel Hubmann, Tel.: +43 3516 2238, 8734 Kleinlobming, Meranstraße 9, www.gasthof-hubmann.at
- Gasthof Lobmingerhof, Tel.: +43 3516 2364, 8734 Lobmingtal, Liftstraße 13, www.lobmingerhof.at
- Lebensmittelgeschäft ADEG Hörbinger, Tel.: +43 3516 2217, 8734 Lobmingtal, Dorfstraße 28
Region Murtal: www.murtal-herzklopfen.at
Tourismus am Spielberg: www.region-spielberg.at
Gemeinde Lobmingtal: www.lobmingtal.at
Getting thereMurtal Taxi, Tel.: +43 660 1018101, 8740 Zeltweg, www.murtal-taxi.at
Taxi Jäger, Tel.: +43 3512 44833, 8720 Knittelfeld
Taxi Steiner, Tel.: +43 3512 71718, 8720 Knittelfeld
ParkingParkplatz der Raiffeisenbank in Großlobming
Anfahrt zum Parkplatz
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Backpack with rain coverTelescopic
- hiking sticksMountain
- hiking bootsGloves: waterproof and warm
- Headgear / sunglasses
- Outerwear: onion layer system, T-shirt, pullover, jacket and winter jacket with hood
- Hiking pants
- Seat pad
- Drinking bottle / thermos (on cooler days a warm drink is pleasant)
- First aid kit with blister plasters and tick tweezers
Other important pieces of equipment
- Detailed plan of the hike
- Hiking map: For an overview, a map on a scale of 1: 50,000 of the respective region
- GPS device
- mobile phone
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints