A beautiful hiking tour with wonderful views and varied trail sections connecting the two towns of Bernkastel-Kues and Traben-Trarbach.
Distance 16.3 km
Due to some legends this hiking trail as a trail a mystical character. It is often narrow paths that lead from the town of Traben-Trarbach or the Graacher Schäferei to these striking natural and cultural monuments between the Moselle and Kautenbach stream. Spectacular views await you along the way, whether by "Maria Zill" or the "Taubenhaus". For those who would like to revive their feet after the 17 kilometre long tour, the Moseltherme of Traben-Trarbach/Bad Wildstein is recommended. The hot thermal water relaxes and contributes to the wellness experience. The car park of the Therme is also a good starting point for the trail.
Take a good bottle of wine and tasty snacks with you and take a well-deserved break at the view point "Maria Zill".
Update: December 03, 2021
Getting thereComing from the B 53, through the village of Graach and the vineyards up to the "Graacher Schäferei", high above the Moselle.
ParkingGraacher Schäferei, parking lot "An der Traveer Ruh"
32U 364614 5534723
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSolid shoes are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view