A very pretty and interesting hike with good views of the lodge and surrounding area
Distance 9.6 km
Exit past the stables and vegetable garden at 2050m. To the right there is a path leading to a gate. Follow this up the mountain. Near the top it is a bit of a scramble to the top. Very nice view from here. Go left around the mountain to view the road ad villages and a couple of Lesotho sheperd huts. They are well hidden. Follow the path around and come down the mountain on the lodges side. Circle left above the ravine along a distict path before you head almost straight down meeting the Upper trail back to the lodge.
35J 640049 6800627
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view