Hike along the Parthe River
Distance 25.4 km
Biodiversity and variety are the signature feature of the Parthenaue. At every bend of the trail, hikers can enjoy exciting views of a varied forest-meadow-field landscape with valley floodplains and moraine hills. Two nature monument areas as well as almost 60 protected biotopes are an expression of the diverse habitats with rich populations of plants and animals worthy of protection. The Parthe hiking trail leads through hospitable villages and towns with their cultural offerings and is a true nature refuge.
- Mariannen and Abtnaundorf Park
- Plaußig nature reserve station
- Manor castle Taucha with museum
- Mountain church Beucha
Update: February 11, 2021
Safety informationThe trail runs through private property and can easily be overlooked at the Parthe River at Cunnersdorf.
Tips and hintsManor Castle Taucha
Leipzig: Parking garage main station
Beucha: parking lot at the train station or Kirchbruch
33U 319336 5692116
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view