At the foot of the Karhutunturi fell is the village of Naruska, known from both TV and the Finnish freezing temperature records. On the Karhutunturi route, you will experience diverse and varied terrain, ranging from coniferous wetlands to more open rocky terrain, as well as the treeless summit. Before climbing to the summit of Karhutunturi, you can stop by the camp fire place at a traditional Lappish hut and watch the crackling logs in the fire slowly turning into embers. After a break for a snack, you can continue the trip to the summit!
To be considered:
- The route is a forest road and a path marked with blue or blue/orange markings, which is the old route circling the Karhutunturi fell
- It is possible to do the route in an easier or more challenging way
- Choose the route according to your physical fitness, skills, and circumstances.
- Follow markings and signposts.
- Always keep a map and phone with you. You can also download the Salla routes to your phone via the CityNomadi app (maps pre-downloaded on your phone will also work in areas where there is no internet connection)
- Download the 112 app on your phone for any possible emergency situations. It is your obligation to stop and help if you notice someone needing assistance.