Don’t forget to bring your camera!
The Bled - Hiking Trails map will be of great help.
There is a fee for the Vintgar Gorge.
- The path through the gorge runs across galleries and bridges built into the stone walls of the gorge. If the gorge is closed, you are not allowed to enter and walk through the gorge, as it is deemed unsafe.
- The path is mostly moist or wet and requires some level of precaution on the part of the visitor.
Tips, hints and links
TIC INFOCENTER Triglavska roža Bled
Ljubljanska cesta 27, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5780 205
TIC - Turistično Društvo Bled
Cesta svobode 10, SI – 4260 Bled
Tel: +386 (0)4 5741 122
Web address: http://www.td-bled.si/
Turistično društvo Gorje
Podhom 80, SI – 4247 Zgornje Gorje
Tel: +386 (0)4 5725 266
Web address: http://www.vintgar.si/
Getting thereYou can get to the starting point in Bled by car from Lesce (Ljubljana-Karavanke motorway exit) or from other regional roads from Bohinj or Jesenice.
There are several public pay carparks in Bled: http://www.bled.si/en/how-to-get-here
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
- Hiking shoes or sneakers and season-appropriate clothing are recommended.
- The path in the gorge winds its way by the river and is in shade the whole time. Therefore, at least one piece of warmer clothes or a parka is advisable.
- The use of sun protection is recommended on sunny days.
- In the warmer part of the year the use of tick repellent is recommended.