Turizem Dolina Soce Verified partner Explorers Choice
Bovec AirfieldPhoto: Trever Swelland, Turizem Dolina Soce
A wonderful hike to familiarize yourself with the stunning colors of the Soča river. The turquoise waters of the Soča are unique, attracting tourists from all over the world.
This two and a half hour loop first descends from the town of Bovec to the Airfield where you can often catch views of skydivers (especially on the weekends). The airport is also a great place to escape the foliage, gaining 360 degree views of the mountains surrounding the Soča valley. After descending from the airfield into Čezsoča this trail parallels the Soča river, arriving at the breathtaking turquoise waters under the Brjeka footbridge. Across the footbridge the trail doubles back, once again following the river passing over another footbridge over Koritnica river to a Vodenca campgrounds area. From here it is an easy walk up the hill and back to Bovec.
This is an easy but moderately long 10 km trail, suitable for the entire family. Allow an hour and a half to complete this loop.
Track typesShow elevation profile
- Do not cross the airfield, always follow the path around it.
- Be careful while crossing the bridges.
Tips and hints
- We advice to visit nearby gorge "pri Kršovcu" - 15 min from Brjjeka bridge - strongly recomended.
- If you want a slightly shorter track, cross the first next footbridge over the Soča river and follow the signs leading back to Čezsoča and Bovec.
To reach Bovec please refer to our transportation page:
This is a round trip track starting and ending at the information building in the center of Bovec.
To get to Bovec you can come from the North or the South.
- From the North: Via Kranjska Gora through Vršič pass or through the Italian town of Tarvisio through Predil pass.
- From the South: Follow road number 102 from Tolmin to Kobarid, turning on 203 from Kobarid to Bovec.
ParkingDuring the summer months, parking can be difficult in Bovec. There are a few larger parking lots that generally have space available. Option number 1: directly across from the Mercator supermarket there is a large parking lot. Option number 2: there is a large parking lot near the school and the church.
Book recommendation by the author
For more information about the Soča valley follow this link:
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentThis is a standard trail, requiring no special equipment. Bring gear according to the weather and the season.
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others