This walk is approximately 2.6 miles, almost all on gravel tracks, one short section of grass track walking which can be avoided if necessary.
Distance 4.4 km
Tilery Road car park is just off the B3055 on the way into Brockenhurst near the Balmer Lawn Hotel. The car park is part way up a long gravel track, it is the first car park. This walk is approximately 2.6 miles, almost all on gravel tracks, one short section of grass track walking which can be avoided if necessary.
Update: November 25, 2013
SU 30836 03278
30U 601166 5631706
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view