This is not the traditional route (well, it is, just in reverse!) which usually sees badly shaken hillwalkers in the Clachaig Pub to calm their nerves.
Instead, I left my bike at the car park at Allt na-Reigh and returned to park my car near the Youth Hostel on the single track road into Glencoe Village. This means it's an easy downhill cycle to collect your car, rather than an uphill trudge along the side of the A82 which would just ruin an otherwise amazing day for me.
More info on my blog
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.