Around Trawsfynedd Lake
Distance 12.4 km
Loads of parking either where I parked or in the now decomisioned Nuclear power staion car park, paths are well marked out with information boards, half of the route is on tarmac roads & tracks, although the only bad section is along the busy A470 with cars & lorries passing at high speed, dog friendly however the gap is about 1" between the boards on the footbridge. There is a cafe & a shop in the village of Trawsfynedd, also the Hedd Wynn memorial (Eisteddfod winning Bard killed in WW1).
SH 69838 38317
30U 436963 5864499
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view