Glendalough to Wicklow Gap then Turlough Hill and over Camaderry loop walk.
Distance 17.1 km
Loop Walk starting at Glendalough Lower Carpark. -- (Could just as easily start/Finish at Wicklow Gap) -- Initial climb along Kevins Way then up around Lough Nahanagan and on to Wicklow Gap. Now walk out around Turlough Hill and on to Camaderry to take in spectacular views. Now on to Camaderry south east and return leg to Glendalough lower carpark. -- Approx. 6 to 7 Hr. hike so bring packed lunch and refreshments.... Gaters and poles required. Quite exposed so watch the weather and prepare accordingly. --- Enjoy !!!
29U 679571 5876762
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view