This trail is part of our guide Hiking in Geirangerfjord.
Take a short walk to a popular Geirangerfjord viewpoint
Distance 1 km
The short walk to the Vesteråsfjellet viewpoint is a pleasant stroll before or after a meal at the Westerås Farm. It’s about 20 minutes each way between the farm and the viewpoint.
Vesteråsfjellet is an easier alternative to Løsta, which continues to a higher viewpoint.
There are several hotels, lodges, and campgrounds in and around Geiranger.
- Grande Fjord Hotel is a popular and cozy hotel, with fjord views 2.5 kilometers from Geiranger.
- Hotel Union Geiranger is a large hotel set back in the valley and facing the fjord, with an indoor swimming pool.
- Hotell Geiranger is in the heart of Geiranger, right by the fjord.
- Geiranger Camping is a simple campground located right at the end of the fjord, on the waterfront.
- Vinje Camping has cabins and campgrounds, 1.5 kilometers up the valley from Geiranger.
Tips and hints
- Westerås Farm (Westerås Gard) has a restaurant and accommodation
- Free parking
Westerås Farm is a short drive from Geiranger. Look for the turn-off about 3.5 kilometers south of Geiranger on road 63, between Flydalsjuvet and Geiranger.
Follow the road to the end where there is a parking lot.
32V 406908 6886696
Book recommendations for this region:
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view