This trail is part of our guide hiking in Geirangerfjord.
Walk behind an impressive Geiranger gem
Distance 1.4 km
Storseterfossen Waterfall is one of the most popular hiking destinations in the Geiranger area. The enjoyable trek combined with the experience of walking behind the waterfall makes for a memorable trip. The hike is fairly short, about an hour each way, but has a steady climb.
There are several hotels, lodges, and campgrounds in and around Geiranger.
- Grande Fjord Hotel is a popular and cozy hotel, with fjord views 2.5 kilometers from Geiranger.
- Hotel Union Geiranger is a large hotel set back in the valley and facing the fjord, with an indoor swimming pool.
- Hotell Geiranger is in the heart of Geiranger, right by the fjord.
- Geiranger Camping is a simple campground located right at the end of the fjord, on the waterfront.
- Vinje Camping has cabins and campgrounds, 1.5 kilometers up the valley from Geiranger.
Tips and hints
- Westerås Farm (Westerås Gard) has a restaurant and accommodation
- Free parking
- Walking sticks are available for loan in the parking lot. If you want to keep your sticks after your hike, just leave 50 kroner in the box.
Westerås Farm is a short drive from Geiranger. Look for the turn-off about 3.5 kilometers south of Geiranger on road 63, between Flydalsjuvet and Geiranger.
Follow the road to the end where there is a parking lot.
32V 407032 6886639
Book recommendations for this region:
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view