This tour brings you to the top of the cliffs on the Western shore of Lago di Garda (Lake Garda). The hike to Punta Larici is one of the most beloved of Garda region, as the view enjoyed from up there is incredible!
Starting from Pregasina, a small village perched on the mountain wall overlooking Lago di Garda, Punta Larici can be reached in a bit more than an hour. For ascending the viewpoint, choose the more demanding way named as "Senter de la Costa" which is bringing you right on the edges of the cliffs. This requires stability and sense of balance as it has several exposed stretches without any metal cord as help. This path largely retraces the route created during the Great War at the service of the Italian positions located north of Punta Larici. Take your time at the top and return on the forestry way, which is chill and cool in the shadows.
Completed: 21 August 2019
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.