A circular tour through a stunning valley in the beautiful eastern-most Swiss Canton of Graubünden.
Distance 10.3 km
Graubünden is Switzerland's largest canton, and the most sparsely populated. The closest town to the start point is Sils-Maria, and although you can get there by horse-drawn taxi is an option, the walk up from the town to the Pensiun Chesa Pool takes only about 25 minutes. This marks the start of the tour - clockwise or anticlockwise - with stupendous views, forests and fast flowing rivers.
32T 558472 5140888
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view