Eglingham and Cateran Hole circular taking in Blawearie.
Distance 12.3 km
The walk is generally over wild moors with visits to Bewick Hill and the fort/rock markings then onto the stunning isolated spot of the amazing ruins of Blawearie farm. Then onto Cateran Hill and the underground cave/tunnel of Cateran Hole. I would advise you bring a torch or headlamp to help enjoy the sparkling minerals and environment within the 45 meter cave. About 8 mile walk.
NU 10525 19559
30U 573643 6147684
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view