Take highway's exit “Bolzano Nord/Eggental”,Brenner (A 22 Brenner motorway, toll), from SS 12 in Prato all'Isarco to Collepietra, continue on the LS 132 in the direction of San Valentino. A small road branches off on the left and leads to the Lärchenwald inn in San Valentino di Sopra.
Take highway's exit “Bolzano Nord/Eggental”, turn right direction Bolzano/Bozen, after about 0,5 km on roundabout keep left and head towards Val d'Ega (SS 241), in Ponte Nova at the roundabout take the third exit to San Valentino and continue in the direction of Collepietra. On the right-hand side there is a road with signs to the Lärchenwald inn (about 30 min. from highway toll booth).
With the public bus line 180, 181 or 184 to Birchabruck and then change to line 182 or directly from Bolzano with line 182; bus stop: "Obergummer/San Valentino di Sopra"; online bus timetables: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/
Parking directly on site.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.