From Burnbanks the route climbs to Drybarrows then ascends the ridge across Bampton Common to the Roman road, High Street, then turns south across High Raise summit. The return is via Kidsty Pike descending Kidsty Howes to follow the Coast to Coast route along the north side of Haweswater.
Distance 19.4 km
From the car park at Burnbanks go briefly E then leave the road N to climb to Drybarrows. Continue to climb generally W along the ridge across Bampton Common via Low Kop and High Kop to meet the Roman road, High Street. Follow the path S across Red Crag and Raven Howe to High Raise summit. Descend towards Rampsgill Head but break SE off the Roman road to Kidsty Pike, a prominent feature in good visibility. Walk E down the tongue to Kidsty Howes. Pick your way carefully down between the rocks then follow the path SE to the shores of Haweswater to follow the Coast to Coast route along the north side of Haweswater back to Burnbanks.
NY 50813 16110
30U 515418 6043393
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view