2 day circular route starting and finishing near Pooley Bridge with a wildcamp at Angle Tarn.
Distance 31.9 km
A nice 2 day route taking in high street from Pooley bridge on day 1 followed by a wild camp at Angle Tarn then following Ullswater lake shore path back to Howtown. From here you can take the steamer back to Pooley Bridge or walk back along Ullswater depending on how tired you are!
NY 47890 23580
30U 512389 6050820
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view