From centre of Middleton-in-Teesdale route goes S to follow line of old railway then drops via Holwick to Low Force. The return is by the Pennine Way.
Distance 12 km
Park Long Term Car Park in Middleton (Free). Take B6277 to Intake Hill and Pennine Way. Follow line of dismantled railway WNW to Park End then minor rd to Holwick. FP N to Low Force. Return on Pennine Way next to river. 12.1km, 160m ascent/descent, 2:30hr.
NY 94701 25243
30U 559170 6053149
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view