Baybridge start to Blanchland following River Derwent to Acton. North to Actonmill Bridge. 9.4 miles approx.
Distance 15.1 km
Park and start at Baybridge and follow south side of the River Derwent east to Blanchland. Cross over the bridge and follow River Derwent north side east to Acton. Head north to Actonmill Bridge. Then follow ROW across Acton Fell and Blanchland Moor. When you reach the Pennine Trail, head south to Pennypie Fell and then on to Blanchland again. At Blanchland follow the River Derwent west on the north side back to Baybridge. 9.4 miles approx.
NY 95770 49939
30U 559888 6077858
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view