Enjoy this gentle stretch of path, along with some beach walking, as you reach the official end to the 630-mile South West Coast Path at South Haven Point.
Distance 11.5 km
The final stage of the walk to Poole provides wonderful views over the dramatic chalk stacks of Old Harry before descending to the village of Studland with its nature reserve where many rare snakes and sand lizards live. The last section to Poole involves a ferry trip from South Haven Point to Poole where your last overnight stay will be.
Update: July 25, 2018
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
SZ 03104 78985
30U 573763 5607039
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view