This is an easy, there and back, 3 mile walk from Swanage to Durlston Country Park.
Distance 4.9 km
This 3 mile walk from Swanage to Durston Country Park, and back, is a steady climb up, but not strenuous. It starts at the large car park at the southern end of Swanage. Durlston Country Park also has it's own car park, so the walk could be done either way. Uphill first is always better though. There are toilets and a cafe at Durlston and the walk can be extended to take in more of the coast, if required.
SZ 03521 78548
30U 574186 5606607
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view