An 8 mile, one-way, coastal walk between Swanage and Poole habour.
Distance 12.9 km
This eight mile walk, between Swanage and Poole Harbour taking the beach of Studland and Old Harry rocks. At the end of the walk, a bus is caught back to Swanage. One point to note is the fact that part of Studland beach is used by Naturists. If this is a problem, then the walk can be terminated early, at the visitor centre on Studland and there is a bus stop close by.
SZ 03535 78574
30U 574198 5606634
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view