Hike to hidden treasures.
Distance 7.7 km
Introduction: This easy 4 hour tour has the hearbeat of every hiker racing. Even hardened Trekkers find a scenic climax. It is easy to reach from Púcon and even in the high season there are not too many people there. Fantastic woods, beautiful waterfalls and in the background the active volcanoe Villarica. A tour of several days can be easily arranged as well. If you don`t want to carry a tent there is accomodation available in the „Gletscher Alm“.
Update: October 07, 2015
Getting thereFrom Pùcon we drive in the direction of Laguna Caburga and turn right onto the international pass road to Argentina. After 14km we’ll encounter a gravel road signposted to „Los Nevados“. 100m after the turnoff we turn left (same road sign). After 6km, some of them steeply upwards, we reach the „Bacher Alm“, the „Alm“ is signposted a few times on the road so it’s easy to find. The drive of 20km from Pùcon takes appr. 30 minutes. The owners are Mirza and Hans (tel. 99 8750425 or 99 4105897, firstname.lastname@example.org) who bought the 150 ha of wood in this beautiful terrain 17 years ago. Since then they offer horseriding tours. Hikers are very welcome as long as they introduce themselves to the owners and don’t leave any garbage. The described tour can also be booked with Mirza and Hans on horseback. In front of the entrance to the „Bacher Alm“ the gravel road continues upwards to the left. After 500m we pass the accomodation „Basecamp“. We continue on the gravel road keeping to the right and once signposted „5 Cascadas“. The precise starting point of the tour can be determined with the GPS Point or Mirza and Hans at the „Bacher Alm“ can help.
19H 254342 5638210
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view