The old schools in Niederdresselndorf or Holzhausen are worth a visit.
- Some stretches run along steep paths that may become slippery in wet weather. Sure-footedness is required if this happens. Hiking sticks are helpful along this section.
- Information on the rescue boards on the Rothaarsteig
Hiking trails are usually far from communities and settlements and every hiker has worried at some time about what would happen if there was an emergency. How can I be found here? Where am I? Can I contact the rescue service?
In serious cases, however, this has to happen quickly! Because of this, so-called rescue signs have been installed all along the Rotharrsteig. The green and white plaques that have been attached to the signposts show the number you have to give when making your emergency call. This tells the rescuers exactly where you are, allowing valuable time to be saved.
Tips and hintsAfter the hike, the restaurants look forward to your visit. Discuss what you saw over freshly prepared treats and a cold drink. Bakeries, butcher shops and the local grocery store offer you snacks.
- The “Zur Hickengrundhalle” restaurant, Niederdresselndorf, Telephone 02736/5093965,
- The “Fiester Hannes” hotel restaurant, Holzhausen, Telephone 02736/2959-
- Pizzeria “Da Mimmo”, Holzhausen, Telephone 02736/299515
- Karimu Conference Centre, Holzhausen, Telephone 02736/449660
- “Blaues Kreuz” family holiday home, Holzhausen, Telephone 02736/209-0
Please inquire about the opening hours by telephone. We hope you have great fun on your hike!
Getting thereA45 to Haiger-Burbach, L730 to Holzhausen then via Hickengrundstraße and “Zum Großen Stein” to the natural pond/Großer Stein car park
ParkingFull circuit: Holzhausen hiking car park at the natural pond/Großer Stein car park
North loop: Sportplatz Lützeln (Hainhof-Str.)
South loop: Hickengrundhalle in Niederdresselndorf
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentEquipment, food and drink for a day’s hike and solid shoes recommended.
- 20 Waypoints
- 20 Waypoints