The GPS will bring you along a 7,5 km long hike and there are 4 geocaches to discover. You’ll visit some architectural highlights of Bütgenbach such as the viaduct and the dam, but you’ll also walk in nice gems of nature such as the tiny nature reserve of Mausheck. Not for prams and wheelchairs.
Distance 7.4 km
Touristic attractions: Vinzentinerinnensquare, viaduct, nature reserve Mausheck, (very few and almost invisible) remnants of Bütgenbach castle, dam of lake Bütgenbach.
Geocaches to be found:
GC1D17K , GC2T2PG , GC2T7E4 , GC7TTND
In spring you’ll discover lots of daffodils in the Mausheck! Inform at the local Tourist Info, whether they already blossom or not. Nice to see!
Safety informationWatch out when you cross the street. Not for prams and wheelchairs.
Tips and hintsIn spring you’ll discover lots of daffodils in the Mausheck! Inform at the local Tourist Info, whether they already blossom or not. Nice to see!
Getting thereCfr Tourist Info Bütgenbach
ParkingFree parking at the market square.
32U 301447 5589859
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentGood walking shoes
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view