This walk is mapped to start at The Snake Catcher pub in Brockenhurst, but you can start from anywhere in the Village, Hollands Wood Campsite, or even in Standing Hat or Tilery Road car parks. The walk is an all weather walk, mostly on cycle tracks which are almost all gravel. Really pleasant walk.
Distance 8.7 km
This walk is mapped to start at The Snake Catcher pub in Brockenhurst, but you can start from anywhere in the Village, Hollands Wood Campsite, or even in Standing Hat(closed to vehicles in the winter) or Tilery Road(open all year) car parks. The walk is an all weather walk, mostly on cycle tracks which are almost all gravel. Only one area which is slightly muddy in the worst of winter. Its a really pleasant walk
SU 30261 02345
30U 600602 5630766
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view