Black Tusk Mountain is one of the most spectacular mountains in Garibaldi Provincial Park. Its jagged edges and deep black color is visible from far away and from several points along the Sea to Sky highway.
There are three main routes for hiking to Black Tusk. All three options are very long day hikes so consider staying a night at one of the nearby campsites before you do the final section up to the mountain.
This hike starts from Helm Creek Campground.
- All overnight stays at Helm Creek Campground needs to be pre-booked
- All garbage needs to be carried out
- Mountain biking on this trail is not allowed
- Fires are not allowed
- Dogs not allowed
- All drinking waters must be filtered, boiled or otherwise treated before consumption
- Expect to see no cell service throughout the park
- This video shows you the route from the parking lot and up to Black Tusk
Tips, hints and links
- Pit toilets at Helm Creek Campground and by the Black Tusk junction(the last junction before heading up to the mountain)