Easy wander with some lovely views down over Ilkley, plenty of rock formations, and bronze-age rock art if you look for it.
Distance 6.4 km
Easy wander with some lovely views down over Ilkley, plenty of rock formations, and bronze-age rock art (if you know where to look for it - we didn't!). I'll go back and do a proper route next time. Tip: on la ate November afternoon it was nice to walk back to the start with the low sun behind us so it wasn't in our eyes.
SE 13319 46656
30U 578901 5974831
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view