I noticed that there were not any round routes starting from Konstanz and finishing at the same point; thus I decided to merge the existing two conventional hiking routes and make a round tour that one can enjoy beautiful Konstanz, even can swim or play beach volley on the way.
Distance 18.9 km
It is very simple and most of the road is even on ashphalt and other public spaces.
After passing Insel Mainau, there is a public area that belongs to University of Konstanz on the left and it has a tiny, cute beach (unfortunately formed out of rock) and beach volley facilities. Definitely stop by there for swimming in hot summer days. There are also points where you can swim closer to the Konstanz Altstadt.
Getting thereDriving is the easiest, but if the weather is awesome, it might not be the quickest (or about same time as the train). there are direct regional trains from Karlsruhe. If you are coming from Stuttgart, you need to change at Singen to a Regional Bahn.
ParkingThe best and cheapest place is at Benediktinerplatz 7.
32T 513570 5279479
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view