There are different ways to reach the region by car. The fastest way from Basel and Geneva is via Berne. The fastest route from Zurich is through Lucerne and the Brünig Pass. The pass is open in summer and winter.
From the south, the route goes over the Grimsel or Susten Pass into the region. Both passes are only open in summer. Alternatively, you can take the Simplon Pass and then Lötschberg car transport.
ParkingGrindelwald has public car parks with covered parking spaces: Eiger+ car park (252 parking spaces) and Sportzentrum car park (160 parking spaces). They cannot be reserved in advance. Uncovered parking spaces are available everywhere in the village.
Book recommendations for this region:
- hiking daypack (approx. 20 liters) with rain cover
- comfortable and sturdy footwear
- adequate and durable outdoor clothing in multiple layers
- sun and rain protection
- snacks and drinking water
- first aid kit
- mobile phone
- if necesessary: telescope sticks, headlight, maps