Safe walk - minimum width of 2-3m throughout. Varied walk through woods and tree-lined byways crossing Barkham Brook twice via footbridges and passing Dairy Research Institute
Distance 5.7 km
Park in layby(5 spaces) at Arborfield Church. Walk E to Sindlesham Rd(B3320)(1) and continue left to turn right onto byway Ellis's Hill(2) - photo of Hunters Point. Take footbridge over Barkham Brook and up hill to join byway Coombe Lane at Ellis's Farm. Continue E to Gravelpithill Lane(3). Turn L down broad byway to Mole Road(4) - notice old Newlands estate on L. Carefully cross road and continue on byway Copse Barnhill Lane to Tudor House corner(5) on Julke's Lane. Turn L down byway Barrett's Lane over Barkham Brook(footbridge) and onwards to junction with FP on R(6). Take this path past Dairy Research Centre(Reading University) to junction near to ruined old Arborfield Church(7). Turn L and follow chestnut avenue past old rectory to Church Lane(8). Bear left along Lane to car park and finish.
SU 75796 67771
30U 645250 5696813
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view