And if you were wondering who Allen was? There were two of them! George Allen was Clerk to Windsor Rural District Council, and his wife was Clerk to the Parish Council and the Fuel Allotment Trust, in the 1960s and 70s.
Our 'Greenspace on your doorstep' directory lists over 70 local woodlands, parks, meadows and riversides across Surrey, Hampshire & Berkshire. They've all been set aside by local authorities to give us places to get fresh air and exercise, with the family or the dog! All have free car parking, many with dedicated car parks. Most have dog poo bins and have been designed with dog-walking in mind.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.