Starting in Beadnell this part of the St Oswald's Way follows the Northumberland Coast path through Seahouses and Bamburgh. The final destination is the Lindisfarne Hotel in Beal
Distance 38.4 km
Starting in Beadnell this is a well defined and easy wallk along the coast to the Lindisfarne Hotel in Beal. From Beadnell you will be able to see the magnificent Bamburgh Castle which dominates the landscape. There is then a wonderful walk up the coast then inland to Belford before progressing on to the Lindisfarne Hotel in Beal.
NU 23488 28717
30U 586475 6157028
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view