A flattish circular walk from Bassenthwaite village to Bassenthwaite Lake then returning via High Side and Burthwaite.
Distance 10.3 km
The route leaves Bassenthwaite going briefly up The Rake then leaving on a path going W to Kilnhill. From Kilnhill it follows a footpath going S to Scarness Bay to go by the side of the lake to Bowness Bay. Here it leaves the lake on a footpath to cross a road and pick up Green Lane (track) before heading to High Side on another path. Take the minor road from High Side to Walk Mill Bridge and than just before the bridge leave on a path dropping down to pick up another lane near Burthwaite. After Burthwaite take another path across fields to Bassenthwaite.
NY 23036 32196
30U 487417 6059080
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view