Rest StopKochkurse der Siefersheimer Kräuterhexen
Ristorante Bella Italia am Salzmarkt
Eiermarkt und Michel-Mort-Denkmal
PK Parkhotel Kurhaus
Gasthaus Zur Bastei
Gasthaus Zur Rotenfelsstube
Fall protection and non-treadable flooring (scree) in various places.
Warning: Oak trees can be infested by the oak processionary moth over large areas. The caterpillar of the oak processionary moth is a health hazard. The stinging hairs of the caterpillars contain a nettle poison. They can also be dispersed by the wind. Contact with the caterpillars can be harmful to the health of humans and domestic animals. Caterpillar dermatitis is particularly common, with the symptoms: skin rashes and redness, slight swelling of the skin, wheals, itching and burning all over the body. If the stinging hairs (which contain thaumatopoein) are inhaled, this can lead to irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose, bronchitis, asthma or even allergic shock. Even after the life cycle of pupa, caterpillar and moth, the empty webs with their stinging hairs pose a risk over a longer period of time.
Avoid infested oak trees (do not sit near them).
Do not touch caterpillars or webs (never try to destroy webs yourself).
Do not lie or sit on the ground in the vicinity of infested oaks.
Protect your body with clothing (neck, arms).
Keep animals on a leash, stay on the path.
Report findings These can possibly be removed professionally with special equipment, endangered areas can be marked.
If you have come into contact with the stinging hairs of the caterpillars, you should change your clothes and take a shower.
Wash clothes at a temperature of at least 60°C.
Tips and hints
Information about the tour and the hiking area: www.3x3salinental.de
There are many places to stop for refreshments in the old town of Kreuznach, which is directly on the way. At the start and finish, there is the Zur Bastei inn with a beer garden. www.gasthaus-zurbastei.de
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy shoes, sun protection
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.