Start point: Talıstan village
End point: Garanohur lake
Distance: 5.5 km
Start altitude: 911m
End altitude: 1533m
Duration: 3 hours
Lake Garanohur is a mountain lake located in the Ismayilli district. The lake is 12 km north-east of the city of Ismayilli at 1,533m above sea level.
The lake is in the Shahdagh National Park and roads lead to it from the villages of Talistan, Diyally and Kekhna-Dakhar. The main tourist route begins in the village of Talistan. The total distance from the entrance to the Shahdag National Park to the lake is 5.5km and the trail runs all the way through wooded areas. 4km of the total distance is a steady incline while the remaining 1km is steeper. The route is marked from beginning to the end, allowing for safe walking all the way.
Lake Garanohur is very pleasing on the eye with views that change every season. In summer it mirrors the surrounding trees, while in winter it ices over enough to be able to walk on it, and the surrounding area is completely white. In autumn the lake is surrounded by colourful trees. On the way to the lake you have to cross a river several times. During summer, the river’s water level increases and may flood in times of heavy rainfall. As a result, it is recommended that you double-check the accuracy of weather forecasts before visiting. Note too that since the lake is located within the national park, you need to pay a small fee when entering.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.