Over castle and valley
Distance 9.3 km
On the ascent and descent of this tour you can let your eyes and thoughts wander over the beautiful landscape. Sometimes the Our Valley is at your feet, then you discover Falkenstein Castle in the distance, and on the descent Vianden presents itself to you with its castle and river from its finest side. There is even the option of taking the chairlift down to the valley.
View Victor Hugo & Pavillon Schënnbierg, Vianden Castle
Update: September 20, 2021
32U 299374 5535515
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view