Rest StopStrandcafe Restaurant
Jagdhaus Seewiese (Naturhaus)
Safety informationEmergency call of the mountain rescue service: 140
Tips and hintsTV Ausseerland-Salzkammergut
Tel. +43 (0)3622 / 54040-0
Getting thereDetailed information how to get to the Ausseerland – Salzkammergut you will find on our website!
ParkingIn Altaussee you will find various parking. Be awar that it is with costs and that there are some short-term parking zone.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentA well prepared backpack will ensure a nice tour: Heavy items shall be packed first. Other implements such as sunglasses, camera or maps on top. A bottle of water should be always at hand!
Emergency equipment and a first-aid kit are highly recommended to have with you for every tour!
Generally be aware of quick changes regarding the weather and appropriate clothing.
Compact hiking boots guarantee treading resistance for your adventure.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.